Welcome to PAF’s Case Management Program!
In this brief video we will share important details about PAF case management services including who we help, what we do, a few things PAF can’t do, and how we can serve you best! The goal of our case management support is to reduce the practical and financial burden for patients so they can focus on getting better.
At Patient Advocate Foundation, we know that living with Hepatitis C can be overwhelming. It can complicate daily life and cause extreme stress for patients and families. Challenges like these can distract from what’s most important– treatment and recovery.
We can help patients with:
Access to care
- Getting prescribed medical treatment and services
- Understanding what your health insurance covers and your options if you don’t have insurance
Paying for treatment
- Getting approvals and payments from health insurance
- Appealing insurance denials
- Applying to insurance programs, like Medicaid, Medicare, and the Health Insurance Marketplace
- Applying to programs that help pay for co-pays and insurance premiums
- Applying for free or low-cost healthcare and medicine programs
- Getting discounts or setting up payment plans
Paying for living expenses
- Applying for programs that can help pay for things like food, rent, utilities, and transportation
- Applying for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Helping you use your employee benefits, like health insurance and sick leave
- Understanding laws like the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Applying for disability insurance to help with income if you can’t work; and helping you challenge disability denials, if needed
You can reach the Hepatitis C CareLine team by calling 800-532-5274, option 2.